I was so excited to begin my life as a stay at home mom with so much productiveness—getting my house in order, sending off etsy orders, getting ready for Christmas, crafting/sewing up a storm and enjoying lots of time with my little guy. Well, a yucky tummy bug hit me this week and put all those plans on hold. All those plans except time with my little guy, that is.
He now knows how to say “cheese” for a picture and makes the most unnatural [for him] smiles. Still so cute, though, if you ask me.
Since I don’t have any new projects to share with you (too bad I can’t give you a glimpse into my imagination… those projects are great!), I thought it might be a good time for me to check back in on my 12 by 2012 list and see what I have left to hopefully do in the next three weeks!
1. Start/Finish a frame wall on one of the walls in my living room like Mandy’s at Sugar Bee Crafts
-Done! While I took a different approach than originally intended and just did a basic gallery wall, I LOVE it!
2. Make a lace shirt. I’ve been loving lace for a while and this shouldn’t be hard to do.
-Still needing to do. I did buy some stretch lace and had a major fail that I’m still planning on fixing.
3. Make Jace a set of Sesame Street or Brown Bear finger puppets like these I found on Etsy.
-Still planning on doing!
4. Try making this lace scarf, as well as make scarves from all the new fabric I got for my shop.
-Done and done! I love the way my lace cowl turned out and I have been making a shipping scarves for my shop like crazy lately!
5. Make a sofa table like this one for my living room.
-Bought the materials… now to just make it. Which means now to just clean the garage first. This project may not happen by 2012…
6. Paint my nails like these. I am in love with this color.
-Done and thinking I should do it again!
7. Actually make this jacket for myself. I already have the fabric. It’s cute. Just need to do it.
-Done! Changed it up a bit from the original plan and love it.
8. Finish a gift I started for a friend’s birthday quite a while back. Inspired by this one.
-Still needing to do… again, the garage issue.
9. Make a top like this one from a gray with purple pin dot fabric I already have.
-Still need to do, but I bought a really great brown with white polka dot fabric that will work even better. At least I made these tops though, right?
-Once again, the garage…
11. Make felt paper dolls for my niece for her birthday or Christmas. She LOVED putting felt scraps on her princess finger puppets.
-Done and can’t wait to give them to her! I’m actually thinking through a cute little case I could make to keep them in.
12. Crochet Christmas gifts for the ladies in my family.
-Working on it! I did make this cowl for my sister-in-law’s birthday.
Well, that’s six of the twelve checked off. We’ll see how much further I get. In the mean time, have you noticed I updated my blog look? I felt like it was time for a cleaning, simpler look and like where it went. Ah, the beauty of lots of time on the couch this week.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have had a great week!